Thursday 14 February 2008

And ebays way of addressing the issue..........

Received from eBay today:

Dear class-it

Receipt of this notice indicates that your account is now blocked from bidding or listing on our site. You will still be able to access your account information to determine your final bill payable to eBay for our past services if applicable.

We might require a waiting period for complete closure if you have had any listing or bidding activity in the months leading up to the date of your request. By allowing 90 days; to pass we are helping to ensure that all transactions have been completed or at least, enable both parties to access the information that may be needed for completing the transaction.

Once the 90 day period is over, we will automatically proceed with your account closure request. As part of your request, on completion we will also conceal your current contact information, your bidding and selling history, your Feedback Profile, and your About Me page if you have one.

When we have finished that part of the process, you will receive a final notice from eBay for confirmation. Please note that if you have an unpaid balance on your account, eBay will continue to use your contact information for collections efforts until your balance is fully paid. Final closure will forever conceal all information about your account ? for example, once your FB profile is concealed, it cannot be restored.

If you do not wish to have your account permanently closed, please contact us immediately. We hope that you have enjoyed your time with eBay. Respectfully,

My answer Ebay : (As I know you are looking in on the blog quite often).

I will be billing you for all the wasted hours I have had trying to contact your customer services department, and also the time spent dealing with relisting after a number of my auctions were wrecked by Nigerian Scammers. I will keep your details on file should I need to act to recover such monies you owe me as a result of non payment of my invoice for said wasted hours. I will delete your details once your debt has been paid.

I may one day decide to have an account with eBay again, but that will only happen when it is clear that you care about your customers - and I suspect that hell will indeed freeze over first.

You are a disgrace to the business world. You rip your customers off and you encourage scammers to steal off your customers. I hope that many of your customers will follow me, as I know many are, and leave. Those that remain, will leave when they start getting hit with the inevitable feedback blackmail and Paypal scams.

As for me enjoying using ebay. I did once yes, and Ive met some wonderful people on ebay. Isnt it a shame that such a great company has been ruined by people like you. Lets hope one day that your accounts will be closed and that eBay will once again be a great auction site.

Goodbye.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing parting letter. God Bless you class-it. I am going to close my account now as well. Like you, Im a small seller and theres no point at all me having an account now.

Good luck to you and yours.

Jeff Rogers

(Please publish my name - I have nothing to hide anymore)

Anonymous said...

eBay must me mad closing your account. Dont they have any concept of damage limitation?

You are hereby elevated to the status of HERO!

Anonymous said...

Account closed.

Bye ebay.

Anonymous said...

I closed both my stores, bye ebay,,,GOOGLE help us