Saturday 16 February 2008

Hello - Just a quickie

Hi - Well now over a week since the "Laptop" appeared for sale, and still the messages keep coming. The interesting thing is that one of the most reglular visitors to this blog are eBay themselves (Theyre not very good at hiding their IP address!) So, perhaps youd like to say Hi eBay?

Anyway, heres a few more messages from those people that have said Hi:

This is genius ! - The kind of thing that would reach the papers
- **claire*and*bryan**

You should not loose your account for telling the truth !! (but I'm sure you will "cus" they don't like the truth )tried it my self once ! MH
- madhatter_at_the_tazbar

As a seller who's been hammered by one of these techniques I have to applaud you for speaking out. I tried for months to deal with both PayPal and eBay but both returned nothing but 24 hour delayed form letters that rarely responded to the actual question. I responded again and again for a month or more before giving up. There's simply little that a seller can do when a buyer takes advantage of them. Huge market opportunity for some eBay knockoff to steal the sellers. One day eBay will cross an imaginary line in the sand and it'll happen en masse. I can't wait.
- gascowboy

Hi there. You really seem to have reached tons of people who are taking note of what you've said and I think it can only be a good thing. (So well done you!) You definitely have my permission to publish my message, and this one as well if you need to. Keep spreading the word! Many thanks, Angela.
- amariap

GREAT advert! It appears Ebay WANTS to shed the little sellers. The perfect solution would be to seperate the two factions (PowerSellers/Private Sellers) and SELL the portion (intact) they wish to be rid of. Ebay would make a bundle! Our flea-market selves would stay intact as one marketplace. Hopefully the new buyer would be more respectful of the people that made ebay the monolith it is now. Thanks for plugging for the little guy!
- skeletoninmycloset

G'day, i saw your laptop ad. Your funny!! By the way people were discussing about you (your ad), forums in Australia. Your famous!!! haha
- stlepr

your item listing really put a smile on my face, I to was conned by paypal , an lost money, an now I'm supposed to pay item fees for an item that I lost my money on? this is the final straw.
- anemotion7

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This guy is a legend!! Ebay where the Hell are you? Speak up!

Anonymous said...

Just came across your listing at www.ebaygoldmine.org and wanted to congratulate you on Hitting the Nail firmly on Ebay's Head - that listing should get free entry to the Ebay History Books! Genius! I'm with you all the way on this, I've been a Power Seller since 2005 but I've not listed a single item since the News of the Rule Changes, there are so many points I disagree with. I'll be checking out your links to the other Auction sites (Lots of BNWT Stock to clear) - Good Luck - Ur a Star!